3 June 2020
We have drafted the following regulations to adhere to, this will ensure that we operate in a safe and hygienic manner, while also limiting the possible spread of the COVID-19 Virus.
Knysna Elephant Park (KEP) will do our best to ensure the safety of our guests and our staff. We will do our utmost to continuously comply with the World Health Organization regulations and Covid-19 Occupational Health & Safety Measures in Workplaces.
Tours will operate under strict regulations and it is required that ALL guides and guests adhere to the following measures:
- Guest and Staff temperatures will be taken upon entry using a non-contact thermometer.
- All guests will be required to complete a medical & travel declaration on arrival. A standard and POPI (Protection of Personal Information Act) complaint form will be developed by the tourism industry.
- We discourage the handling of cash, pre-payment and tap & pay options will be made available.
- Guests will be required to sanitise their hands upon entry and throughout their activity. Surfaces will be disinfected frequently.
- All guests and staff will be required to wear masks upon entering KEP. Acceptable masks are cloth masks, surgical masks and N95 respirators. Masks will be available to purchase.
- Social distancing measures will be put into place at all queuing points and public areas to ensure the required 1.5-metre distance.
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres will be implemented on all activities and we ask that guests and staff refrain from any physical contact with others.
- Number of people per activity will be limited to assist with social distancing.
- Strict accommodation guidelines will be followed in our 4* Elephant Lodge to ensure the safety of all guests.
- A COVID-19 team will be implemented to ensure all protocols and standards are met.
- Extensive staff training will be provided to all staff.
- Our operations team will have on hand and available the contact information of the health authorities, medical centres, general practitioners, public and private hospitals, and testing centres and services to be used.
We are more than just a park… We are a family!