8 December 2020
We have drafted the following regulations to adhere to, this will ensure that we operate in a safe and hygienic manner, while also limiting the possible spread of the COVID-19 Virus.
Knysna Elephant Park (KEP) will do our best to ensure the safety of our guests and our staff. We will do our utmost to continuously comply with the World Health Organization regulations and Covid-19 Occupational Health & Safety Measures in Workplaces.
Tours will operate under strict regulations and it is required that ALL guides and guests adhere to the following measures:
- Guest and Staff temperatures are taken upon entry using a non-contact thermometer.
- All guests are required to complete a medical & travel declaration/contact tracing form on arrival.
- We discourage the handling of cash, pre-payment and tap & pay options are available.
- Guests are required to sanitise their hands upon entry and throughout their activity. Surfaces are disinfected frequently.
- All guests and staff are required to wear masks upon entering KEP adn throughout their tour. Masks are available to purchase.
- Social distancing measures are in place at all queuing points and public areas to ensure the required 1.5-metre distance.
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres has been implemented on all activities and we ask that guests and staff refrain from any physical contact with others.
- Number of people per activity is limited to assist with social distancing.
- Strict accommodation guidelines are followed in our 4* Elephant Nature Lodge to ensure the safety of all guests.
- A COVID-19 team has been implemented to ensure all protocols and standards are met.
- Extensive staff training has been provided to all staff.
- Our operations team have on hand the contact information of the health authorities, medical centres, general practitioners, public and private hospitals, and testing centres and services to be used.
- When at our Restaurant – Sit Down, Mask Down. Stand up, Mask Up.
We are more than just a park… We are a family!